/lit/

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
/lit/

Bored of the imageboard.

3 posters

Writing Contests!

Tiresias
    Tiresias
    Admin

Writing Contests! Empty Writing Contests!

Post  Tiresias Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:19 am

Hello, folks!

I'm going to set up a monthly writing contest on the forum (an opportunity largely unavailable - or at least impractical - back on the imageboard). A theme will be set each month, a deadline will be set, and then submissions will be invited to be sent directly to my account (via the personal messaging function). I will post all the submissions I receive - anonymity will therefore be maintained in the interest of fairness - and set up a poll which will allow us all to vote for our favourite (again, anonymously). My plan is as follows:

1st - Announce theme (I don't envisage any formal restrictions)
    3rd - Welcome submissions
    20th - Submissions deadline, all works posted
    21st - Poll opened
    29th - Poll closed
    30th - Winning entry and writer announced

I hope that it'll be a lot of fun, plus it's always good to have a reason to write. Also, we have very talented individuals on here: I expect the standard will be high. Perhaps we can set something up with TAR, in terms of publishing the works that win but that remains to be seen.

If enough interest is evinced we'll begin on May 1st.
    perkunas
    perkunas

Writing Contests! Empty Re: Writing Contests!

Post  perkunas Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:41 am

Sounds like some fun. Striking a deal with TAR would also be cool (and ensure some actually good writing on there).
    theswedisheditor
    theswedisheditor

Post  theswedisheditor Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:20 am

Im hurt you guys.
    Anyways, setting up something with TAR shouldn't be all that hard. Since i'm already here. I can ask the other editors.
    Tiresias
    Tiresias
    Admin

Post  Tiresias Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:23 am

theswedisheditor wrote:Im hurt you guys.
    Anyways, setting up something with TAR shouldn't be all that hard. Since i'm already here. I can ask the other editors.

I hope that the forum and TAR can benefit from the connection. I'm a big fan of TAR (and not just because it - almost - shares a name with one of my favourite novels)!
    perkunas
    perkunas

Post  perkunas Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:53 am

theswedisheditor wrote:Im hurt you guys.

I hope I didn't cause too much offense. I only have support for the people working on it. If we can get a connection with TAR and this forum I think it'll help both sides out quite a bit.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:08 pm